Share Good Stuff
- Quiz! Test your knowledge of human and pet food from USA and China!
- Life Lesson #2: Be Present. As taught to me by my dogs.
- Life Lesson #1: Is it fair? As taught to me by my dogs.
- Opt for Top Five. Choose Dog Treats that Meet these Criteria
- 4-D, For Shame. How FDA breaks the law and sickens animals.
- What’s Cookin’? Ever Wonder What Happens to Dead Animals? A Look at Baltimore’s Only Remaining Rendering Plant Explains By Van Smith
- Chinese Food: What’s in the chicken jerky that’s poisoning our pets?
- Top 10 Things To Look For In Dog Food
- Salmonella Contamination Causes Widespread Recall of 14 Brands of Dog Food.
- The Dirty Dozen Aliases for MSG
- Glycerin. A diesel by any other name wouldn’t taste as sweet.
- From China with Luck
- It might be in Milo’s Kitchen but it’s probably not in yours…
- Cool Dog Runnings. How conditioning, fitness level and diet can keep dogs cool.
- No-Kill Sheltering means taking a hard look at the organizations we trust (ASPCA, HSUS) and a good look at ourselves
- Hey Good Lookin.’ Whatcha Got Cookin?
- A Cheat Sheet for Identifying Additives and Preservatives in Pet Food
- The Wolf
- All the Way, May!
- Where’s the Beef? Why your dog should never eat another Milk-Bone or Beggin Strip, and you should avoid the Slim Jims.
- Dirty Popcorn and More Reasons to Love Dogs
Tag Archives: pet food
Pet parents have legitimate concerns over pet treats from China. The FDA has been investigating 5600 reports of illness and death related to chicken jerky and yam treats from popular brands. While China has been in the news recently, … Continue reading
Driven by multi-billion dollar organizations like Whole Foods, the health food sections of regional chains, independent grocers, and small local co-ops and farm stands, access to and consumer awareness of quality food has grown dramatically. People increasingly demand organic, all-natural, … Continue reading
What’s Cookin’? Ever Wonder What Happens to Dead Animals? A Look at Baltimore’s Only Remaining Rendering Plant Explains By Van Smith
NOTE: What appears below is an electronic version of an article written by Van Smith and appearing in Baltimore’s City Paper on September 15, 1995. It highlights the practice of rendering roadkill, decayed animal materials, euthanized pets and wildlife from … Continue reading
With the recent Salmonella contamination at Diamond Pet Foods’ plant resulting in the recall of 14 (or more) brands, some of us may be wondering how to select a good, safe, nutritious food for our companions. Below is a list … Continue reading
Big commercial dog food companies outsource their production. And when there’s a problem at a manufacturing plant – like salmonella contamination – the brands it affects tumble like dominoes. There’s been a widespread recall of dog food due to Salmonella … Continue reading
I want to give Waggin’ Train and others like them, a firm kick in the caboose. Glycerin. You see it everywhere in dog treats. When you do, put the bag down and slowly step away. It could kill your pet. … Continue reading