Share Good Stuff
- Quiz! Test your knowledge of human and pet food from USA and China!
- Life Lesson #2: Be Present. As taught to me by my dogs.
- Life Lesson #1: Is it fair? As taught to me by my dogs.
- Opt for Top Five. Choose Dog Treats that Meet these Criteria
- 4-D, For Shame. How FDA breaks the law and sickens animals.
- What’s Cookin’? Ever Wonder What Happens to Dead Animals? A Look at Baltimore’s Only Remaining Rendering Plant Explains By Van Smith
- Chinese Food: What’s in the chicken jerky that’s poisoning our pets?
- Top 10 Things To Look For In Dog Food
- Salmonella Contamination Causes Widespread Recall of 14 Brands of Dog Food.
- The Dirty Dozen Aliases for MSG
- Glycerin. A diesel by any other name wouldn’t taste as sweet.
- From China with Luck
- It might be in Milo’s Kitchen but it’s probably not in yours…
- Cool Dog Runnings. How conditioning, fitness level and diet can keep dogs cool.
- No-Kill Sheltering means taking a hard look at the organizations we trust (ASPCA, HSUS) and a good look at ourselves
- Hey Good Lookin.’ Whatcha Got Cookin?
- A Cheat Sheet for Identifying Additives and Preservatives in Pet Food
- The Wolf
- All the Way, May!
- Where’s the Beef? Why your dog should never eat another Milk-Bone or Beggin Strip, and you should avoid the Slim Jims.
- Dirty Popcorn and More Reasons to Love Dogs
Category Archives: Dogs
In the past eight years my weight has fluctuated between 112 and 128 pounds. Okay, 130. My fightin’ weight is somewhere at the low end of that scale. That’s where I – I was about to say – comfortably run … Continue reading
Is it fair? For me, that’s a concept best left to children and poker dealers. Kids can bicker over who got the biggest cookie, why everyone did or didn’t get a trophy, and how toys should or shouldn’t be shared. … Continue reading
What’s Cookin’? Ever Wonder What Happens to Dead Animals? A Look at Baltimore’s Only Remaining Rendering Plant Explains By Van Smith
NOTE: What appears below is an electronic version of an article written by Van Smith and appearing in Baltimore’s City Paper on September 15, 1995. It highlights the practice of rendering roadkill, decayed animal materials, euthanized pets and wildlife from … Continue reading
With the recent Salmonella contamination at Diamond Pet Foods’ plant resulting in the recall of 14 (or more) brands, some of us may be wondering how to select a good, safe, nutritious food for our companions. Below is a list … Continue reading
Big commercial dog food companies outsource their production. And when there’s a problem at a manufacturing plant – like salmonella contamination – the brands it affects tumble like dominoes. There’s been a widespread recall of dog food due to Salmonella … Continue reading