Share Good Stuff
- Quiz! Test your knowledge of human and pet food from USA and China!
- Life Lesson #2: Be Present. As taught to me by my dogs.
- Life Lesson #1: Is it fair? As taught to me by my dogs.
- Opt for Top Five. Choose Dog Treats that Meet these Criteria
- 4-D, For Shame. How FDA breaks the law and sickens animals.
- What’s Cookin’? Ever Wonder What Happens to Dead Animals? A Look at Baltimore’s Only Remaining Rendering Plant Explains By Van Smith
- Chinese Food: What’s in the chicken jerky that’s poisoning our pets?
- Top 10 Things To Look For In Dog Food
- Salmonella Contamination Causes Widespread Recall of 14 Brands of Dog Food.
- The Dirty Dozen Aliases for MSG
- Glycerin. A diesel by any other name wouldn’t taste as sweet.
- From China with Luck
- It might be in Milo’s Kitchen but it’s probably not in yours…
- Cool Dog Runnings. How conditioning, fitness level and diet can keep dogs cool.
- No-Kill Sheltering means taking a hard look at the organizations we trust (ASPCA, HSUS) and a good look at ourselves
- Hey Good Lookin.’ Whatcha Got Cookin?
- A Cheat Sheet for Identifying Additives and Preservatives in Pet Food
- The Wolf
- All the Way, May!
- Where’s the Beef? Why your dog should never eat another Milk-Bone or Beggin Strip, and you should avoid the Slim Jims.
- Dirty Popcorn and More Reasons to Love Dogs
Category Archives: Cats
Pet parents have legitimate concerns over pet treats from China. The FDA has been investigating 5600 reports of illness and death related to chicken jerky and yam treats from popular brands. While China has been in the news recently, … Continue reading
What’s Cookin’? Ever Wonder What Happens to Dead Animals? A Look at Baltimore’s Only Remaining Rendering Plant Explains By Van Smith
NOTE: What appears below is an electronic version of an article written by Van Smith and appearing in Baltimore’s City Paper on September 15, 1995. It highlights the practice of rendering roadkill, decayed animal materials, euthanized pets and wildlife from … Continue reading
Obesity. It doubles a dog’s chances of developing cancer, heart disease, diabetes and a laundry list of other health problems. Fifty percent (50%) of US dogs are overweight, and MSG – just one form of free glutamate – is a … Continue reading
I want to give Waggin’ Train and others like them, a firm kick in the caboose. Glycerin. You see it everywhere in dog treats. When you do, put the bag down and slowly step away. It could kill your pet. … Continue reading
With 70% of pet food vesesel imports to the US coming from China, “Made in the USA” is a mighty thin security blanket. Looking for “USA Made” on the label won’t protect your pet. You need to ask the manufacturer … Continue reading
I have egg in my shoe. Now my toes are sticky. But after cracking hundreds of dozens of eggs to make sure that every bag of our Bacon Cheeseburger cookies has an egg in it, odds are one is bound … Continue reading